As the holiday season approaches, Cachet Banq, Inc. and Payroll Tax Management, Inc. would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our clients and partners; past, present and future. It is because of your continued support that we move forward with the goal of providing you with quality ACH and payroll processing services in our ever growing market. We would not be a successful company without your business and we are excited to continue to work harder to fulfill your ancillary needs in the coming year. So from our family to yours, we hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
The Cachet and PTM staff
P.S. Please enjoy the Thanksgiving fun facts that we found below!
Thanksgiving Fun Facts*
- The first ever TV dinner was made in 1953 by Swanson when they had about 260 tons of leftover turkey to get rid of.
- The Detroit Lions always play on Thanksgiving Day. This tradition started in 1934. The only exception was when the team went to serve in WWII.
- Sarah Josepha Hale, a magazine editor, started a campaign in 1827 to make Thanksgiving a national day of thanks and prayer. In 1863 it was observed as such.
- In an effort to boost retail sales during the Great Depression, Franklin Roosevelt tried to make Thanksgiving a week earlier. His efforts failed and after two years and a lot of name calling, Congress adopted a resolution to make Thanksgiving the fourth Thursday of November.
- Benjamin Franklin tried to make the turkey the national bird.
- A spooked turkey can run at speeds of up to 20 miles per hour. They can also burst into flight approaching speeds between 50-55 mph in a matter of seconds.
- An estimated 20% of cranberries eaten throughout the year are consumed on Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving was declared a National Holiday by Congress 1941.
- Fossil evidence shows that turkeys roamed the Americas 10 million years ago.
- The North American holiday season (generally the Christmas shopping season in the U.S.) traditionally begins when Thanksgiving ends, on “Black Friday” (the day after Thanksgiving); this tradition has held forth since at least the 1930s.
*Thanksgiving Fun Facts were found on TIME, Reluctant Gourmet, and Celebrity Café.